This homemade meatball is succulent, tender, juicy, and delicious! Learn how to bake meatballs in an air fryer. You will also discover how long it takes to cook the meatballs. You will love this recipe because it is easy to follow and great for meal prep.
Cooking meatballs in the air fryer is a quick way to get them on your plate in no time. It is a great way to turn raw meatballs into juicy meatballs in about 25 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce or any dish of your choice.
Air Fryer Meatballs Recipe
With this air fryer meatball recipe, you can now have dinner in minutes! It is quick and easy to make, it can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 months.
If wondering how long it takes to cook meatballs in the air fryer? It depends on the size of the meatballs and the temperature you are cooking. The bigger the meatballs, the longer it will take to cook. You can cook them at 180C/360F for 15 minutes or 185C/365F for 10 minutes. The size of your air fryer should be taken into consideration.
Ingredients you will need to make these homemade meatballs
Ground beef or lean ground beef – you can also use turkey or chicken mince.
Onion powder or fresh diced onions.
Fresh parsley – you can also use dried parsley
Grated parmesan cheese
Garlic powder/granules – you can use fresh garlic or roasted garlic.
Salt and black pepper
Oil – use any oil of your choice.
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Cook Meatballs in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
Add ground beef, egg, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic granules, onion powder, breadcrumbs, cheese, milk, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Gently mix until the beef mixture comes together.
Scoop the meat mixture with a tablespoon or small cookie dough scoop and roll the meat mixture into 1½ inch to 2 inches balls. You should get between 16-18 balls.
Place meatballs in the air fryer basket, spray the top of the meatballs with oil (optional), and cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve and enjoy these juicy meatballs!
How to Store and Reheat
You can store leftover meatballs in the fridge or freezer.
Fridge – keep meatballs in an airtight container or a Ziploc and put them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer - you can freeze air-fried meatballs. Allow to cool down completely before freezing. You can store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat – there is no need to thaw if frozen. Reheat at 160C/320F for 3-4 minutes or till hot.
To reheat in the microwave - place on a microwave-safe plate and cover for 40 seconds or till hot.
- Ensure the meatballs are not overcooked because they will become dry.
- Spray your palms with some oil. This will make it easy to roll the meat mixture into a ball.
- If using bread instead of breadcrumbs, add bread, grated onions, and milk to a small bowl. Allow to soak for about 5 minutes, then stir to combine.
- Season the beef to your taste.
- Keep the size of the meatballs equal so that it cooks evenly. You can use an ice cream scoop or cookie dough scoop for even meatballs.
- Avoid overmixing the meat mixture because it could result in tough meatballs.
What is the internal temperature of meatballs?
The internal temperature of meatballs can be checked in two ways. To check that your meatballs are cooked through and well done, insert an instant meat thermometer into the center of the meatballs, which should be at 160F/70C.
Another way to check that it is fully cooked is by cutting one piece into halves. The center should no longer be pink.
Can I freeze meatballs with sauce?
You can freeze meatballs with or without sauce. The meatballs can last up to 3 months in an airtight container or Ziploc bag if frozen properly.
How to make moist meatballs in an air fryer?
Do not skip milk, eggs, and breadcrumbs will help add moisture to the meatballs and bind all the ingredients together.
How long does to air fry meatballs?
You can cook meatballs in the air fryer for about 10-15 minutes at 180C/360F. Remember to shake the basket halfway through the cooking.
How to freeze uncooked meatballs?
To freeze meatballs, place them on a single layer on a baking tray or large plate. Line with parchment paper and put it into the freezer to flash freeze, or until the meatballs are frozen solid. Once frozen, take them out and transfer them into a Ziploc bag or store them in an airtight container. It can be frozen for 2-3 months.
Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air fryer (instant pot vortex)
- 500 g ground beef about 1lb
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- onion powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
- Add ground beef, egg, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic granules, onion powder, breadcrumbs, cheese, milk, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Gently mix until the beef mixture comes together.
- Scoop the meat mixture with a tablespoon or small cookie dough scoop and roll the meat mixture into 1½ inch to 2 inches balls. You should get between 16-18 balls.
- Place the meatballs in the air fryer basket, spray the top of the meatballs with oil (optional) and cook for 10-15 minutes at 180C/360F, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More air fryer recipes