This air fryer garlic butter salmon recipe is easy to make. Serve this succulent, delicious salmon with air fryer roasted veggies, white rice, or any meal of choice. Get your flaky and juicy air fryer garlic butter salmon in 12 minutes.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Salmon is versatile; it can be cooked in so many ways, it can be baked, steamed, grilled, pan-fried, or air-fried. I will be walking you through how to make the best garlic butter salmon.
This air fryer garlic butter salmon recipe uses simple ingredients you may already have at home. Cooking salmon makes an easy and healthy meal that can be on the table in a matter of minutes.
Ingredients you will need
Salmon fillets with skin - frozen or fresh. You can also use skinless salmon fillets.
Butter – use unsalted melted butter.
Chili powder - substitute with red pepper flakes or black pepper.
Garlic - fresh garlic (minced). You can also use garlic powder or granules.
Italian seasoning or any herbs of choice.
Salt to taste
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Garlic Butter Salmon in an Air Fryer
Pat dry salmon with a paper towel. Season the filets with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and fresh garlic.
With a brush or spoon, generously coat the filets with the garlic butter mixture.
Transfer the salmon filets (skin side down) into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry salmon for 8 -10 minutes at 180C/360F.
Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy this juicy salmon!
How to Store and Reheat
Fridge: keep the fish for up to 3 days in an airtight container or wrap it in an aluminum foil.
Freezer: you can freeze leftover salmon for up to 3 months in an airtight container or a freezer bag.
How to Reheat Salmon (Microwave or Air Fryer)
Reheat the salmon in the air fryer for 3-5 mins at 160C/320F. Place the salmon on a parchment paper (optional).
If using the microwave, place it on a plate and warm it for 30 seconds - 1 minute or till warmed through.
- Cook the salmon with the skin on for a juicy and tender. When done, peel off.
- When using a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the salmon, the internal temperature should register 125F/51C.
- Make sure the fillets are around the same size so they cook through.
- To prevent the fish from drying out, be careful not to overcook it.
- Ensure you reduce the amount of salt If using salted butter.
- There is no need to turn the fish halfway through the cooking time as it will cook just fine.
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Salmon Recipe
- Air fryer
- 450 g salmon fillets with skin about 1lb
- 1 tablespoon butter – use unsalted melted butter
- ½ teaspoon chili powder substitute with red pepper flakes or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic You can also use garlic powder or granules.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or any herbs of choice
- Salt to taste
- Pat dry salmon with a paper towel. Season the filets with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and fresh garlic.With a brush or spoon, generously coat the filets with the garlic butter mixture.
- Transfer the salmon filets (skin side down) into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry salmon for 8 -10 minutes at 180C/360F.
- Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy this juicy salmon!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More air fryer recipes