Make this simple taco seasoning from scratch in under five (5) minutes! This recipe is easy and quick to make. A perfect spice blend worthy of your pantry and full of flavour.
This homemade taco seasoning mix is versatile. You can use the taco mix for various recipes: taco meat or chicken, quesadillas chicken, potatoes, soups, ground beef and rice dishes. In my own opinion, it is better than store-bought. Learn how to make the best homemade taco recipe today!
Related post - air fryer salmon tacos.
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
Paprika: you can use smoked or sweet paprika.
Chilli powder: this is recommended to give the taco mix some heat. You can substitute with black pepper if you prefer a mild taco seasoning.
Chilli flakes (optional)
How To Make Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
Add all the dry ingredients; cumin, garlic, paprika, onion powder, oregano, chilli powder and salt into a dry jar, cover with an airtight lid and give it a good shake until the spice is well blended.
Transfer into a dry spice jar or airtight container.
How to Store Taco Mix
For later use, you should store this homemade taco seasoning mix for up to 6 months. Take note of the expiry dates of the different spices used because that will determine how long to keep the taco mix.
- Adjust the pepper in your taco mix to suit your taste.
- Ensure you keep it in a dry cupboard and away from direct sunlight.
- You can add cornflour to the taco mix if you prefer.
- Use the smoked paprika for a more intense flavour.
Simple Taco Seasoning
- Spice jar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ¼ salt to taste
- Add all the dry ingredients; cumin, garlic, paprika, onion powder, oregano, chilli powder and salt into a dry jar, cover with an airtight lid and give it a good shake until the spice is well blended.
- Transfer into a dry spice jar or airtight container.
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
Let's hear from you