How to make easy salmon tacos in an air fryer. This air fryer fish taco is delicious and super easy to make. It is one fish dinner you can assemble on a regular or a busy weeknight.
Learn how to make this spicy salmon tacos in your air fryer.
This popular street food is wrapped in tortillas and topped with taco toppings, including delicious yogurt and lemon or lime juice. These fish tacos in an air fryer will be remembered for a long time.
A classic Mexican recipe made with homemade taco seasoning or storebought. Tex Mex dish, made with beef or chicken. It is a flavourful and healthy meal, This delicious salmon taco recipe is super flexible.
For a low-carb option, you can serve it with a corn or wheat tortilla. You can also serve it with flour tortillas.
You will enjoy making these salmon fish tacos with this air fryer salmon bites recipe.
Easy Salmon Taco Recipe
Is it Tacos Tuesday? No, it is a perfect dinner for any night of the week! Making salmon tacos takes about 20 minutes or less. The first step is to prep the salmon. Clean and season the fish with any spice blend of choice. The next step is to cut the tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. Set aside and mix yogurt and lemon juice.
You can make this recipe in a conventional oven or fry it on the stovetop. I prefer using an air fryer because it’s quicker, uses less oil, and is stress-free. If using the oven for the fish, line it with a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes at 180C/380F. You will get the same result but you will have to wait longer. Why not try this air fryer salmon tacos recipe?
Ingredients you need to make these Simple Salmon Tacos.
Salmon – You can use fresh or frozen salmon.
Taco shells or soft small tortillas - I used wheat flour tortillas. Corn tortillas work well too.
Vegetables - Use a combination of tomatoes, lettuce, and onions for a colorful dish. You can also make fresh mango salsa.
Taco seasoning: You can make yours at home in under 2 minutes.
Olive oil - optional
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
Greek yogurt – you can use salad or sour cream.
Lemon - squeezed lemon juice.
Make your Taco Seasoning at Home
You can make the seasoning and store it for use anytime you want. Add all the ingredients in a dry jar, cover with an airtight lid, and give it a good shake until the spice is well blended. Store in a dry cupboard and away from direct sunlight.
The ingredients for the taco seasoning are
Salt to taste
Other taco toppings variations include salsa, chopped fresh tomatoes, pico de Gallo, guacamole, mango salsa, chipotle sauce, pineapple salsa, and many more.
How to make Salmon Tacos in an Air Fryer
- Prep - Clean the salmon, pat dry with kitchen paper towels, and add oil and taco seasoning. Rub until well coated and place salmon fillets in the air fryer to cook for 8-10 mins at 180C/380F.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble the tacos by adding seasoned salmon flakes to the center of each tortilla, and top with cheese.
- Cook the tacos - Set the air fryer temperature at 200C/400F for 4 minutes, spray some oil in the air fryer basket, and place the tacos in a single layer.
- Remove from the air fryer basket once fully cooked and top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and your favorite taco toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Easy Salmon Tacos
- Instant Pot (Vortex) Air Fryer
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1½ tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- mixed vegetables lettuce, tomatoes and onions
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- ¼ Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 medium Lemon
- Prep - clean the salmon, pat dry, and add oil and taco seasoning. Rub until well coated and place in the air fryer to cook for 8-10 mins 180C/380F.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. Set aside. In another bowl, mix the yogurt and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble the tacos by adding salmon flakes to the centre of each tortilla, and top with cheese.
- Cook the tacos - Set the air fryer temperature at 200C/400F for 4 minutes, and spray some oil in the air fryer basket and place the tacos in it.
- Remove from the air fryer basket once fully cooked and top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and any dressing of choice. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Store Air Fryer Salmon Tacos
We recommend making what you can eat, and if for any reason you have leftovers. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 -5 days.
You can also freeze the salmon flakes for up to 3 months in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag.
To reheat either in the air fryer or in the microwave until hot before serving.
- If using frozen fish, make sure you thaw before seasoning.
- Use toppings like tomatoes, fresh cilantro, feta cheese, mango, or ripe avocado for extra flavor.
- Feel free to double or even triple the recipe if you want to make a big batch of taco fish.
What other type of fish can I use for this recipe?
You can use any firm white fish for fish tacos. You can use cod or haddock.
Can I use soft or hard shells?
Yes, you can. It’s all about preference. You can serve these fish tacos in soft or hard shells.
More Air Fryer Recipes