Air fryer carrot sticks are a delicious, healthy snack or side dish. These crispy air-fried carrot fries are made with only a few ingredients. This is an ideal way to include veggies full of nutrients in your diet. The carrots are lightly spiced for a savoury flavour that everyone can enjoy any time of the day.
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
The natural sweetness of the carrots is enhanced by cooking them in an air fryer, resulting in a lightly roasted texture packed full of flavour.
Easy air fryer carrot fries are a healthy alternative to traditional sweet potato fries or French fries. Additionally, air frying carrots offer a low-fat cooking method as it requires very little oil. The air frying process also helps to lock in nutrients and flavour, unlike other forms of cooking vegetables.
Salt – this is optional.
Black pepper – you can use chilli powder or red pepper flakes for a little spice.
Corn-starch – substitute for all-purpose flour or potato starch.
Oil - use any oil of your choice.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrot Sticks
Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 190C/375F.
Peel and slice the carrots into thin sticks no thicker than ½ inch. Toss the ingredients in the bowl until the carrots are evenly coated.
Pour the seasoned carrots into the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 10 -15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway to ensure even cooking.
Once the carrots are cooked through and golden brown, remove them from the air fryer.
Serve and enjoy your delicious homemade carrot fries with sweet chilli mayo or any sauce of your choice!
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
Tips for Air Fryer Carrot Sticks
- Make sure the carrots are cut into thin strips or sticks. They will cook more evenly and quickly this way. You want the fries to be cooked through without getting too browned on the outside.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the carrots. This will help them cook more evenly and quickly.
- Do not overcrowd the basket - leave enough room for the hot air to circulate each carrot fry so that they all get cooked properly.
How long to cook carrots in air fryer?
The cooking time might range from 8 to 15 minutes depending on the temperature of the air fryer and the thickness of the carrots. You can adjust the cooking time to get the carrots just right - crunchy or soft, depending on your preference.
Can I roast carrots in the air fryer?
Yes, you can roast carrots in the air fryer. To ensure that your carrots come out crispy, make sure they are evenly cut to cook through properly.
Make sure to lightly coat the carrots with oil before cooking and toss them in the air fryer.
Increase the temperature of your air fryer when cooking carrots. Carrots generally cook best at a high temperature. Play with different temperatures and times to find a setting that is perfect for your carrots.
Lastly, sprinkle some cornstarch or all-purpose to extra crispiness.
Air Fryer Carrot Sticks
- Air fryer
- 3 large carrots about 500g
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon corn-starch
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 190C/375F.Peel and slice the carrots into thin sticks no thicker than ½ inch. Toss the ingredients in the bowl until the carrots are evenly coated.
- Pour the seasoned carrots into the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 10 -15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway to ensure even cooking.Once the carrots are cooked through and golden brown, remove them from the air fryer.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious homemade carrot fries with any sauce of your choice
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More Frozen Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
Let's hear from you