Air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are easy and quick. This 30-minute recipe will change your air frying game. The air-fried chicken wings are crispy, juicy, and full of flavour. This simple and easy recipe is great as an appetizer or weeknight dinner.
Air-frying frozen wings are budget-friendly. You only need a few ingredients to get a finger-licking chicken.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are delicious with or without dipping sauce. You can also enjoy with air fryer potatoes and onions, bell peppers and onions or roast potatoes.
Cooking frozen chicken wings in the air fryer is simple and quick, with less work and cooking time. Follow these steps to get the best air-fried frozen chicken wings.
You will love this recipe because it is a healthy, low-carb recipe. Chicken wings cooked in the air fryer use little oil and are a healthy alternative to deep-fried wings. Another advantage of using the air fryer for cooking chicken wings is that you do not need to defrost the chicken before cooking if using frozen chicken wings.
Chicken wings - separate into drumettes and wingettes/flats.
Garlic granules substitute for garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
Dried parsley or fresh parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste.
Baking powder: this is optional for more crispiness.
Lemon pepper sauce
Butter. I used honey butter for this recipe.
Zest of a large lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Cook Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F for 2 minutes.
Pat the chicken wings dry with a kitchen towel, season with salt and pepper, paprika, parsley, garlic granules, and cornflour, and combine.
Pour the chicken in a single layer into the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 190F/375C or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C flipping it halfway through. Cook for another 3 minutes for extra crispiness.
While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a microwavable bowl. Add the lemon zest and freshly ground pepper, and combine.
Transfer the chicken to a bowl, pour over the lemon pepper sauce and toss to combine.
How to store Lemon Chicken Wings
Allow air-fried chicken wings to cool completely before storing them in the fridge or freezer.
Fridge: put them in an airtight container and preserve them for up to 5 days.
Freezer: put chicken wings in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Reheat in the air fryer at a temperature of 180C/350F for 4 minutes or till heated through.
Tips For Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Use any seasoning of your choice, lemon pepper seasoning or all-purpose.
- Clean the air fryer basket after cooking each batch if not using parchment paper to avoid smoking.
What is the best way to make fried chicken wings?
One of the best ways to make fried chicken is to air fry it. Mix the ingredients and air fry for 20 – 30 minutes at 200C/400F.
How long should I cook wings in the air fryer?
We recommend cooking at 200C/400F for 20-30 minutes from frozen. Make sure you check the doneness of the chicken using the meat temperature.
What do you dip in your chicken wings?
You can use any sauce of your choice. Dipping sauces suggestions are buffalo sauce, sweet chilli mayo, peri Peri sauce, bbq sauce, garlic herb sauce, or ketchup.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Air fryer
- 1 kg Chicken wings separate into drumettes and wingettes/flats
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder Optional for more crispiness
- 2 tablespoons oil
Lemon pepper sauce
- ¼ cup butter or honey butter
- 1 zest of a large lemon
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F for 2 minutes.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a kitchen towel, season with salt and pepper, paprika, parsley, garlic granules, and cornflour, and combine.
- Pour the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 190F/375C or until the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C flipping it halfway through. Cook for another 3 minutes for extra crispiness.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a microwavable bowl. Add the lemon zest and freshly ground pepper, and combine.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl, pour over the lemon pepper sauce and toss to combine.
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
Let's hear from you