A quick 10-minute air fryer shrimp for the win! It is a perfect low-carb choice for a quick weeknight meal. This perfectly air-fried shrimp or prawn is tender and delicious. This recipe can stand alone or serve with pasta or rice for a complete dish.
To get the shrimp or prawn ready, I didn’t have to remove the shell or devein the shrimp as it was already clean. All I did was rinse the shrimp and season. However, you can cook frozen, thawed, or fresh, which is one of the benefits of cooking seafood in the air fryer.
The fastest way to thaw shrimp quickly is by running it under warm water until the ice melts - I soaked it in water for 1 minute, drained the water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
Fresh or Frozen Shrimp in An Air Fryer
There are different methods of cooking shrimp, but I opted for this method because it is healthy, less expensive, and has less preparation time.
You can use the baking dish method by placing it inside the air fryer. There is no need to use a separate air fryer accessory for this method. Any oven-proof dish that fits into your air fryer basket would work perfectly. It can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
Shrimp: (frozen, thawed, or fresh)
Garlic: I recommend roasted garlic or fresh for full flavor
Oil: any cooking oil. Olive oil, avocado oil.
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Shrimp in Air Fryer
Step by step
Rinse the shrimp. Season with paprika, garlic, ginger, and mixed herbs.
Spray some cooking oil and stir to combine. Transfer the shrimp to your air fryer basket.
Set your air fryer to 180C/356F and cook for 10 minutes. Turn over after 6 minutes and continue to cook for additional 4 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy.
- If using frozen shrimp, check the package as salt may have been added.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 180C/360F for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cooking time varies depending on the size of the shrimp or prawns.
- If using a baking dish in the air fryer, cook for 8 minutes at 200C/400F, and no need to turn over the shrimp halfway.
Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air fryer
- 1 lb shrimp (Fresh, frozen or thawed)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic (I recommend roasted garlic for full flavour)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil (Any cooking oil; olive oil, avocado oil)
- Salt (optional)
- Rinse the shrimps. Season with paprika, garlic, ginger, and mixed herbs.Spray some cooking oil and stir to combine.
- Set your air fryer 180C/356F and cook for 10 minutes.Turn over after 6 minutes and continue to cook for 4 minutes.Transfer the shrimp to your air fryer basket.
- Remove from air fryer, serve, and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.