Air fryer roasted veggies (easy recipe) are delicious and a healthy vegetable side dish for the family. Serve with any meal of your choice. It can stand alone as a main dish and is also low in calories.
If you need to eat more vegetables but do not have time to prepare meals, you can surely rely on this easy vegetable recipe.
You can use fresh or frozen mixed veggies, but I am using fresh and firm vegetables for this recipe. It is packed full of flavor and easy to put together on busy weeknights. With an air fryer, roast vegetables can be prepared with little oil or none.
Easy Air Fryer Vegetables Recipe (Air Fryer Roasted Veggies)
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer requires little effort which makes it a perfect addition to any meal. By following the simple instructions and tips, you can create a flavourful and nutritious dish that everyone will love. Whether you are looking for a side dish or a main course, roasted vegetables are sure to satisfy. So, what are you waiting for? Get your air fryer out and start roasting.
You will love these roasted vegetables as much as I do because they are easy to prepare. Roasting veggies in an air fryer is a simple process that anyone can do.
Air fryer roasted vegetables are a low-calorie dish, making them a perfect side dish for any meal. Finally, this vegetable side dish is versatile making them a perfect choice for any meal of your choice.
Ingredients you will need for air fryer roasted veggies
Vegetable medley - broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.
Zucchini or courgette
Bell peppers - red and yellow.
Onion - you can use yellow onion or red.
Garlic powder (optional)
Vegetable oil or olive oil or avocado oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Cook Vegetables in an Air Fryer
Wash the vegetables, deseed the bell peppers, and chop the rest of the veggies into similar sizes.
Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, vegetable oil, and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Cook immediately or leave to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes (optional)
Transfer the seasoned vegetables to the air fryer basket and spread them out in a single layer. Air fry vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes at 200C/400F, shaking the air fryer basket every 4 to 5 minutes until tender, crunchy, and perfectly roasted.
Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy your air-fried vegetables!
Types of vegetables you cook in an air fryer
If you do not know what kind of vegetables you can cook in your air fryer, see some vegetable combinations below.
Bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes
Potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, snap peas, mini bell peppers
Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, Brussels sprouts
Carrots, bell peppers, onions, asparagus, green beans
You can cook almost anything in your air fryer, and vegetables are one of them. It is best to cut them into bite-size pieces when preparing more than one variety to ensure even cooking.
When cooking potatoes or other hard veggies with soft ones, such as butternut squash, start the hard vegetables first and add the soft ones towards the end of the cooking time.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Veggies
Leftover roasted vegetables can be consumed warm or cold. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Put in a freezer bag or airtight container.
To reheat: place in a heatproof bowl or line the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper and cook for 3 minutes at 180C/365F or warm in the microwave for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sizes - this will help them cook evenly.
- Do not add too much oil - the air fryer will do the work of cooking the vegetables and you do not want them to be overly greasy.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket., to ensure the vegetables are roasted evenly.
- If you want your vegetables crispier, cook them for an extra couple of minutes.
- Experiment with different seasonings and spices, like chili powder or paprika, to create new flavor combinations.
- Use fresh vegetables if you can. Frozen vegetables can be used too, but they may release more water. This can cause the vegetables to become soft if not cooked properly.
- You can garnish with parmesan cheese, fresh herbs like basil, or fresh parsley if you prefer.
- If cooking in a large batch, recipe the cooking process in the air fryer or use the oven.
Air Fryer Roasted Veggies (Easy Recipe)
- Air fryer Instant pot vortex
- 250 g vegetable medley Broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower
- 1 small size zucchini or courgette
- 2 bell peppers Red and yellow
- 1 onion (medium) You can use yellow onion or red.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder Optional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste a pinch of salt
- Wash the vegetables, deseed the bell peppers, and chop the rest of the veggies into similar sizes.
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, vegetable oil, and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Cook immediately or leave to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes (optional).
- Transfer the seasoned vegetables to the air fryer basket and spread them out in a single layer. Air fry vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket every 4 to 5 minutes until tender, crunchy, and perfectly roasted.Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy your air-fried vegetables!
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.