This air fryer stuffed chicken filled with spinach and feta cheese has won my heart and I am sure it will win yours too. The chicken is moist and packed full of flavor.
Forget every other bland chicken breast recipe you had in the past, this stuffed chicken is about to change your mind for good. It is really simple and easy to make, it is low carb, healthy, and naturally gluten-free!
Easy Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
This skinless chicken breasts recipe is quite easy to follow. It is healthy; cooked with little or no oil. It can be served with any type of rice or pasta, seasoned with simple everyday spices, and it is super quick. Looking forward to having it with potatoes.
I have made this air fryer stuffed chicken breast several times now and it's never failed. Honestly, it is foolproof.
This recipe was tested in my instant pot vortex air fryer (1700W) but you can use any brand of air fryer you have. It requires the same cooking process, just make sure to adjust the cooking time to suit the brand and size of the air fryer.
With simple pantry staple ingredients and minimal prep, you can have this easy air fryer chicken breast recipe from your kitchen to your table in 30 minutes. Let's get cooking
Chicken breasts (without skin)
Red pepper flakes
Mixed herbs (optional)
Salt and Black pepper to taste
Bouillon seasoning powder
- 40g feta cheese
- Chopped spinach (1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
Step by step
In a small bowl, mix onion powder, garlic granules, paprika, red pepper flakes, and mixed dried herbs.
Make a pocket using a sharp knife in each chicken breast. Try not to cut it through to the other end.
On both sides of the chicken breast, season with salt and chili flakes or black pepper and brush with some oil including the pocket.
Season the chicken breast with the dry rub including the pocket then move on to making the filling.
In a small bowl, mix your cheese and chopped spinach.
Turn on the air fryer and set it to 15 mins for 200C.
Stuff the chicken breast pocket with the spinach cheese filling and secure the gap with some toothpicks.
Spray the air fryer with olive oil or with any oil of your choice.
Place the stuffed chicken in the air fryer basket for 15 minutes. After 10 mins, turn over the chicken breast and spray some oil on it.
Take the chicken out of the air fryer, the temperature of the chicken should read 165F/73C, and serve immediately.
- For a creamier filling, add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon of water to the spinach filling.
- You can use frozen spinach for this recipe. Make sure the spinach is thawed before using and squeeze out any excess moisture from the spinach.
- Substitute feta cheese for full fat cream cheese or any other cheese of your choice.
- You can substitute garlic granules for roasted garlic.
More air fryer recipes you will love
Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot (Vortex) Air Fryer
- 2 chicken breasts without skin
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon bouillon seasoning powder
- In a samll bowl, mix onion powder, garlic granules, paprika, red pepper flakes, and mixed dried herbs.
- Make a pocket using a sharp knife in each of the chicken breast, try not cut through to the other end.
- On both sides of the chicken breast, season with salt and chilli flakes or black pepper and brush with some oil including the pocket.
- Season the chicken breast with the dry rub including the pocket then move on to making the filling.
- In a small bowl, mix your cheese and chopped spinach.
- Turn on the airfryer (vortex Instant air fryer) and set to 15 mins for 200C.
- Fill the chicken breast pocket with the spinach cheese filling and secure the gap with some toothpicks.
- Spray the air fryer with olive oil or with any oil of choice.
- Place the stuffed chicken in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
- After 10 mins, turnover chicken breast and spray some oil on it.
- Take the chicken out of the air fryer, the temperature of the chicken should read 165F/73C. and serve immediately.