Easy air fryer apple chips! This is a delicious snack you can make in your air fryer. These homemade apple chips with cinnamon are for you and the entire family. You can skip potato chips or store-bought apple chips and try this great alternative with sweet apples today. You can have these delicious apple chips from your air fryer on your plate in 25 minutes.
This is a healthy snack that is finely sliced and cooked to perfection. It is easy to put together and a family favorite. Learn how to make air fryer apple chips with these easy steps.
Crispy Air Fryer Apple Chips Recipe (Dehydrated Apples)
Air fryer cinnamon apple chips are healthy and delicious. You will love making apple chips in your air fryer because it is easy, quick, and great for weight watchers. You should add it to your list of healthy recipes because it is gluten-free, low calorie diet, and keto-friendly.
Apple chips can also be made in the oven if cooking in large batches. The downside to making this in the conventional oven is the cooking time – It could take up to 2 hours depending on the size or the thickness of the slices and the oven temperature.
Apples are naturally sweet; sugar is unnecessary; you can skip or reduce it if you want. If wondering if you can cook a whole apple in an air fryer? The answer is simple. Yes, you can cook apples in an air fryer. Serve with ice cream or custard. Cook a whole apple at a temperature of 180C/360F for 15 minutes. It is called baked apples.
Simple Ingredients for Air Fryer Apple Chips
What you will need to make air fryer apple chips.
Apples – use any apple of your choice. Some of the best cooking apples are Cortland, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, and pink lady apples. They will work well in baking or cooking recipes.
Ground cinnamon (optional): for some color and flavor. You can reduce the amount or skip it.
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Chips
Wash and pat the apples dry with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife or slice the apples with a mandolin into thin slices. Pour apple slices into a large bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon.
Arrange the thin apple slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook in the air fryer for 10 – 12 minutes at 170C/340F, shaking halfway through. Repeat the same process for the remaining apple slices
Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cook for 2 - 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Air Fryer Apple Crisps
We recommend eating as soon as it is done to enjoy the crispiness. If, for some reason, you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. However, They will lose some of their crispness with time, but they are still enjoyable.
Tips and Variations
- Slice apples with a mandoline slicer or food processor to get thin and even slices.
- You can use cinnamon sugar or spray the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Preheating the air fryer is optional.
- We want to ensure the apple slices are crispy. So, do not overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway for even cooking.
- There is no need to use a baking sheet. Bake the apples directly in the air fryer basket.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air fryer
- Mandoline slicer
- 2 Apples
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Wash and pat the apples dry with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife or slice the apples with a mandoline slicer. Pour the apple slices into a large bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Arrange apple slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook in the air fryer for 10 – 12 minutes at 170C/340F, shaking halfway through.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cook for 2-5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More Air Fryer Recipes