Air fryer buffalo chicken breast is juicy and tender! Have you ever tried making buffalo chicken breast in an air fryer? This is a boneless chicken breast recipe to make in under 30 minutes with simple ingredients.
Learn how to cook buffalo chicken breast in an air fryer. If you love air fryer buffalo wings, you will want to give this a try. This chicken is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe when time is of the essence. Serve with air fryer roast potatoes, garlic butter rice, broccoli, or any vegetable of choice.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Recipe
This healthy air fryer buffalo chicken recipe is easy and quick to make. Air frying has proven to be a healthier alternative to deep frying as it uses less oil. Feel free to make your buffalo sauce at home or use any store-bought brand.
For this recipe, you can use skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. I have used chicken breast and it was delicious. You can choose to marinate the chicken in buffalo sauce for at least 30 minutes or cook straight away.
You could also add extra seasonings like garlic powder and onion powder. Make it hot by using a spicy hot sauce or add a little chili powder. You can make your buffalo sauce by following a simple recipe.
Why don't you try to switch things up by adding buffalo sauce to your chicken tenders? You will love this buffalo chicken tender because it is easy and quick to make. It is budget-friendly and great for meal prep. You can use this recipe for air fryer buffalo chicken wings. The internal temperature reaches 165F/74C (use a meat thermometer to check for doneness if in doubt).
Chicken – use any cut of chicken of your choice. For this recipe, I used skinless chicken breasts.
Buffalo sauce (hot)
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cooking oil spray - optional
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Butterfly or pound your chicken using a meat tenderizer or mallet to flatten it, so it can have the same thickness to help cook evenly.
Mix the buffalo sauce, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
Brush the chicken with the buffalo sauce mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook for 12-15 minutes at 180C/360F and flip halfway through. Brush extra buffalo sauce a few minutes before the end of the time.
Remove the chicken breast from the air fryer, and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
Serve with some buffalo sauce, and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat buffalo chicken breast
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheat in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180C/360F until hot.
To reheat in the oven for 5 minutes; place the chicken on a baking sheet and put them in the oven to get them hot or microwave for 2 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through before consuming it, and try not to overcook it.
- Add more buffalo sauce if you like and adjust depending on your preference; mild, medium, or hot.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and leave to rest for about 3 minutes before eating. Please do not leave the air-fried chicken in the air fryer after cooking because it will dry out.
- Cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken
- Air fryer
- 450 g chicken Less than 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Butterfly or pound your chicken using a meat tenderizer or mallet to flatten it, so it can have the same thickness to help cook evenly.
- Mix the buffalo sauce, black pepper and salt in a small bowl.Brush the chicken with the buffalo sauce mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes at 180C/360F and flip halfway through. Brush extra buffalo sauce a few minutes before the end of the time.
- Remove the chicken breast from the air fryer, and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with some buffalo sauce, and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe for new recipes straight to your inbox.