Air fryer buffalo chicken breast is juicy and tender! Have you ever tried making buffalo chicken breast in an air fryer? This is a boneless chicken breast recipe to make in under 30 minutes.
Learn how to cook buffalo chicken breast in an air fryer. This chicken is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe when time is of the essence. Serve with air fryer roast potatoes, garlic butter rice, broccoli or any vegetable of choice.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Recipe
This healthy air fryer buffalo chicken recipe is easy and quick to make. You can make buffalo sauce at home or use any store-bought brand.
Why don't you try to switch things up by adding buffalo sauce to your chicken tenders? You will love this buffalo chicken tender because it is easy and quick to make. It is budget-friendly and great for meal prep. You can use this recipe for air fryer buffalo chicken wings.
Chicken – use any cut of chicken of your choice. For this recipe, I used skinless chicken breasts.
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Breast
Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Butterfly or pound your chicken using a meat tenderizer or mallet to flatten it, so it can have the same thickness to help cook evenly.
Mix the buffalo sauce, black pepper and salt in a small bowl.
Brush the chicken with the buffalo sauce mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
Cook for 12-15 minutes at 180C/360F and flip halfway through. Brush extra buffalo sauce a few minutes before the end of the time.
Remove the chicken breast from the air fryer, and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
Serve with some buffalo sauce, and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat buffalo chicken breast
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheat in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180C/360F until hot.
To reheat in the oven for 5 minutes; place the chicken on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and put them in the oven to get them hot or microwave for 2 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through before consuming it, and try not to overcook it.
- Add more buffalo sauce if you like and adjust depending on your preference; mild, medium, or hot.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and leave to rest for about 3 minutes before eating. Do not leave the air-fried chicken in the air fryer after cooking because it will dry out.
- Cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken
- Air fryer
- 450 g chicken Less than 1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Butterfly or pound your chicken using a meat tenderizer or mallet to flatten it, so it can have the same thickness to help cook evenly.
- Mix the buffalo sauce, black pepper and salt in a small bowl.Brush the chicken with the buffalo sauce mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes at 180C/360F and flip halfway through. Brush extra buffalo sauce a few minutes before the end of the time.
- Remove the chicken breast from the air fryer, and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with some buffalo sauce, and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Spatchcock Chicken in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Marinated Chicken in Air Fryer
I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes to try, and this one did not disappoint. The combination of ingredients was unique and the flavors were out of this world. Thank you for sharing this great recipe!"