Air fryer frozen sausages! A quick, easy side dish and an excellent option for you. You will love making them in your air fryer because it is super quick and can be cooked from frozen without thawing them. It comes out perfect every time. I will show you how to cook them in 15 minutes.
You can use this as a guide to cook breakfast sausages, frozen sausage links or sausage patties.
Frozen Sausage in Air Fryer
Cooking sausages in air fryer from frozen is easy and quick. You can cook the sausages from frozen or thaw them before cooking; they work either way. All kinds of sausages, such as beef, link, hot dog, bratwurst, Italian, breakfast sausages, and other varieties, work with this method. The thickness of the sausage used will affect the amount of time it requires to cook.
If using sausage links, you can unlink them by cutting them with scissors or a sharp knife. If using the sausages for patties, then you can cut the casing open lengthwise with a sharp knife.
There’s no oil needed to make these sausages. Air frying the sausage extracts the oil in the meat, allowing you to have a healthier meal without compromising flavour at all.
Additionally, the air fryer basket determines how much meat you can fit in. I use instant Vortex 5.7L and can cook about 12 sausages, but I am cooking 8 today for four people.
What you will need to cook air fryer sausages
Frozen beef sausages
How to Make Sausages in Air Fryer
Pour the frozen sausages into the air fryer basket.
Cook frozen sausages for 15 minutes at 180C/365F. Shake halfway through or turn over with a tong. Start checking for doneness from 10 minutes if using thin sausages.
Check the sausages are cooked through with an instant meat thermometer. The internal temperature should read 160F/73C.
Remove from the air fryer, serve on a plate with a tong. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat
Air-fried sausages can be stored in the fridge or freezer for later use.
Fridge – allow to cool completely and put in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer – wrap in parchment paper and put in a freezer bag or in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Reheat sausages in an air fryer for 3 minutes at 160C/320F or in a microwave till it’s hot.
- You can unlink the sausages with scissors, or a sharp knife.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. This is for air to circulate and for the sausage to cook evenly.
- To prevent the air fryer from smoking, add about ⅓ cup of water into the air fryer basket or line under the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Allow sausages to stay longer in the fridge if you like them dark and crispy.
Can you air fry sausages?
There are different methods of cooking sausages; grilling, boiling or pan frying. Yes, you can air fryer your sausages. It is a simple and quick top air fryer compared to other methods.
How long to cook sausages in air fryer?
This depends on the thickness and cooking temperature of the sausage. Cocktail sausages and thinner kinds like chipolatas will cook more quickly. Sausages can cook in the air fryer for 8 to 15 minutes at 180C/365F depending on the thickness of the sausage. It should be well cooked inside at a temperature of 160F/73F.
Air Fryer Frozen Sausages
- Air fryer
- 8 frozen sausages
- Pour the frozen sausages into the air fryer basket.Cook frozen sausages for 15 minutes at 180C/365F. Shake halfway through or turn over with a tong. Start checking for doneness from 10 minutes if using thin sausages.Check the sausages are cooked through with an instant meat thermometer. The internal temperature should read 160F/73C.
- Remove from the air fryer, serve on a plate with a tong. Serve and enjoy!