Do you love fries? Let me show you how to make crinkle cut frozen fries in an air fryer. The fries always come out crispy and perfect. You will love this air fryer frozen crinkle fries because it is convenient and comes out perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside.
Cook straight from the freezer to get crispy fries in a matter of minutes. It will make a perfect side dish for the whole family. You can serve it with steak, chicken, veggies, or dipping sauce.
A good starting point for your air fryer fries is to preheat the air fryer and cook at a high temperature. It is best to start checking after 8 to 10 minutes. You would know the fries are ready when crispy and golden.
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the fries and the size of your air fryer. Thinly cut fries typically cook between 12-15 minutes.
Air Fryer Crinkle Cut Fries
It is a healthier choice to air fry than deep frying. There’s no oil needed for these air-fried frozen crinkle fries. With this method, you get to spend less time in the kitchen than making it from scratch. You don’t have to peel, cut, or soak, and certainly no thawing. Pour the frozen crinkle-cut fries into the air fryer and cook.
You can cook any style of fries or chips in your air fryer, from curly fries, tater tots, frozen potato waffles, or hash browns. The only factor is the cooking time; the fries would cook at different temperatures and times because of their sizes. You will discover that most store-bought frozen fries are seasoned with salt or oil (ensure you check the packaging).
Cooking frozen crinkle-cut fries in the air fryer reduces the cooking time it takes to cook compared to making them in the oven.
Frozen crinkle-cut fries - you can use any brand of choice. I have used Mccain crinkle-cut fries.
Salt or black pepper to taste (Optional)
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Air Fry Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
Step by step
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
- Pour the frozen fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer (try not to overcrowd), season with salt and black pepper (optional,) and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Shake fries halfway through the cooking and continue to cook for the remaining minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the air fryer basket, and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
Crinkle-Cut Frozen Fries in Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- 400 g Frozen crinkle-cut fries
- Salt or black pepper to taste Optional
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.Pour the into the air fryer basket (try not to overcrowd), season with salt and black pepper (optional) and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Shake fries halfway into cooking and continue to cook for the remaining minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket, and serve immediately with any dip and mains of choice.
How to Store
We recommend making what you can eat, and if for any reason you have leftovers, here is how to store your air-fried roast potatoes.
Fridge - put your leftover fries in an airtight container and store them for up to 3 days.
Freezer - put in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
To reheat - arrange the leftover crinkle fries in the air fryer basket. Air fry at a temperature of 180C for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and crispy again.
Reheat the fries in the oven to 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Spread the potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and put them in the oven to get them hot.
- Do not defrost or thaw the frozen fries.
- For extra flavor, add salt, garlic powder, or pepper before air frying. Pour into a small bowl and toss to combine. This will take it to the next level.
- Use a cooking spray to sprinkle some oil if you want.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in small batches to allow hot air to circulate.