These easy air fryer chicken bites with no breading are tender, delicious and easy to make. This boneless chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and you can make it in 20 minutes. It is quick, simple to make and great for meal prep.
Enjoy these crispy chicken breast bites with any side dish of your choice. You can serve it with rice or vegetables.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Bites Recipe
Cooking small chicken pieces in an air fryer is super quick. All you need to do is rub the ingredients on the chicken and then place it in the air fryer. You can choose to bake (roast) or grill in the oven.
You will love this air fryer chicken breast bites recipe because it is easy and budget-friendly. It requires only a few ingredients. Let me show you how to make it in simple steps.
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Red pepper flakes
Mixed herbs – oregano, Italian seasoning, parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
Oil - canola, olive oil or vegetable oil
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Cook Chicken Bites in an Air Fryer
Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat your air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
Combine the garlic granules, onion powder, paprika, mixed herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the seasoning mix and toss to coat. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and toss to coat again.
Pour the seasoned chicken into a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through cooking, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on the outside.
Serve and enjoy air fryer chicken bites!
How to Store and Reheat Chicken Bites
You can store air-fried chicken bites in the fridge or freezer. Allow chicken to cool completely before storing.
Fridge - store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer - store for up to 3 months.
How to reheat
Pour chicken pieces into the air fryer basket and reheat for 3 minutes at 180C/360F. It could take longer if frozen.
In the microwave – warm for 30 – 45 seconds or till hot.
- Adjust the seasoning depending on your preference. You can customize the seasoning mix to your liking. Try adding cumin, chilli powder, or smoked paprika for a different flavour.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Allow some space between them to cook evenly.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through before consuming it, and try not to overcook it.
- Cut the chicken into uniform sizes to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly.
- Serve with a favourite dipping sauce. Try sweet chilli mayo, ranch dressing, honey mustard, or BBQ sauce.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Air fryer
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, thyme.
- 1 tablespoon oil canola, olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Salt and black pepper
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a kitchen towel. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.Preheat your air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
- Combine the garlic granules, onion powder, paprika, mixed herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the seasoning mix and toss to coat. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and toss to coat again.
- Pour the seasoned chicken into a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through cooking, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy air fryer chicken bites!
Can I use any cut of chicken?
For this recipe, you can use any cut of chicken of your choice. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts. Cut it into bite-sized pieces that are roughly the same size.
How long does it take to cook chicken bites in an air fryer?
The cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the chicken pieces. The type of air fryer and the cooking temperature also matters. The general rule is to cook between 8-10 minutes in an air fryer.
More Chicken Air Fryer Recipes
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.