This air fryer frozen carrots recipe is easy and a perfect side dish for any main dish of choice. With simple ingredients, you can have these carrots on your table in no time.
There's no prep work needed to make this easy side dish which is one of the reasons why I love air frying carrots in my air fryer. Enjoy these tender and naturally sweet roasted carrots in 15 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Frozen Carrots Recipe
A healthy side dish is a great option at any time. Air-frying frozen carrots is a healthy and tasty way to enjoy your favorite vegetable dish, especially for picky eaters.
Cooking frozen vegetables at the right temperature is key to achieving a delicious side dish. You will love this simple recipe because it is easy to make for the family, quick and convenient.
The size and thickness of the carrots will determine how long to cook them. I am using my instant pot vortex air fryer, 5.7L. You can fit as many as you like in your air fryer but try not to overload the carrot to allow even cooking.
Ingredients you will need
Black pepper - use any pepper of choice for extra spice and flavor.
Oil - olive oil or avocado oil
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Cook Frozen Carrots in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F for 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, pour the frozen carrots, add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss to combine.
Transfer the seasoned carrots into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry carrots for 12 - 15 minutes at 180C/360F.
Shake the basket halfway and continue to cook.
Once done, remove them from the air fryer, serve as desired, and enjoy your air-fried carrots!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover carrots in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
You can also freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag.
To reheat either in the air fryer or oven until hot before serving.
Tips and Variations
- Make sure you shake halfway through the cooking to ensure an even cooking process and will not turn out soggy or undercooked.
- Do not overlap or stack carrots when cooking.
- For the best result, cook carrots directly from the freezer in the air fryer. Do not leave the frozen carrots out longer than necessary before cooking.
- You can garnish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice or grated parmesan cheese to the carrot.
- Use different seasonings to your choice. You do not have to stick to the ingredients listed.
Can you put frozen carrots in an air fryer?
Yes, you can put frozen carrots in an air fryer. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the carrots and the size of the air fryer. You can also cook baby carrots in your air fryer.
You can get your frozen carrots from the store or freeze some fresh carrots in the freezer to use later.
How long to cook frozen vegetables in an air fryer?
Frozen vegetables will cook well in the air fryer at the right temperature. There's no need to thaw before cooking. The general rule is to cook between 8-10 minutes at 200C/400F. You can adjust the temperature as you get familiar with your air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Carrots Recipe
- Air fryer
- 2 cups frozen carrots
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper use any pepper of choice for extra spice and flavor.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F for 2 minutes.In a large bowl, pour the frozen carrots, add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned carrots into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry carrots for 12 -15 minutes at 180C/360F. Shake the basket halfway and continue to cook.
- Once done, remove them from the air fryer, serve as desired, and enjoy your air-fried carrots!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More air fryer vegetables