Try this air fryer grilled cheese sandwich today! This is a simple breakfast recipe for the family. A Perfect toasted sandwich in an air fryer comes out crispy every time with delicious melted cheese. It is quick and only requires three (3) ingredients. You can also add it to your list of afternoon tea sandwiches, picnics, school-packed lunches and more.
You will love this recipe because making grilled cheese in an air fryer is easy and reduces time spent in the kitchen. All you need is bread, cheese, butter, and your air fryer. You might want to skip your stovetop or oven for this recipe because the air fryer is quicker, and you will get your meal in no time.
Related posts: french toast and frozen waffles.
Ingredients you need to make a grilled cheese sandwich
Thick sliced bread
Cheese: sliced or grated cheese
Softened butter: you can substitute it with mayonnaise or mix both.
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in an Air Fryer
Spread the butter or mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Sandwich 2 slices of cheese by placing the buttered side down in the fryer basket. Top with cheese and then cover it with another piece of bread, buttered side up.
Set the air fryer on at 170C/340F for 6 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over and continue cooking for another 4 minutes at 185C/365F.
Once done, carefully remove it from the fryer with a tong or flat spoon. Cut in half, serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Store
Keep air-fried grilled cheese in the fridge, and wrap it in parchment paper or an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can reheat your grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer at 180C/365F for 2 minutes or until hot and crispy.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
- You can switch things up by using a different type of cheese or bread of your choice. Use thick bread to get the best result.
- You can fit in 2 – 4 sandwiches depending on your air fryer and the bread side. It is up to you to decide how many sandwiches to make in one go but do not overcrowd your air fryer.
- To allow the cheese to melt beautifully, set the air fryer at a low temperature as stated or according to your air fryer.
- If you want to reduce the fat or calories, substitute with olive oil (brush or spray the air fryer basket).
- To make a golden brown grilled cheese, increase the air fryer temperature. Be careful so as not to end up with a burnt sandwich.
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air fryer
- 8 pieces bread thick sliced
- 8 slices cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Spread the butter or mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Place the buttered side down in the fryer basket, top it with cheese and then cover with itanother piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Set the air fryer for 6 minutes at 170C/340F. Flip the sandwiches over and continue cooking for another 4 minutes at a temperature of 185C/365F.
- Once done, carefully remove it from the fryer with a tong or flat spoon. Cut in half, serve immediately and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
Looks delicious thank you for sharing
Thanks for stopping by.