Easy air fryer keto tortilla chips! It is air-fried with just three (3) ingredients. Crispy, delicious and crunchy chips. This recipe is versatile, and you can also bake them in the oven or make the chips in the microwave.
There are many reasons why these air fryer keto tortilla chips are so good, some of which are because it is affordable. You can use your leftover tortilla wrap. It works with all kinds of flour; multigrain, wholemeal, flavored, or corn tortillas. You can make your own tortilla at home from scratch or get it from the grocery store. I prefer the store-bought one because it makes the process quick for me.
A great way to enjoy Mexican food without visiting a Mexican restaurant. You can enjoy these low-carb chips on a game night. Let me show you how.
Healthy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe (Homemade Tortilla chips)
A low-carb tortilla chips recipe that requires simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of air fryer time. The prep time is minimal.
Because you are making them from scratch, it is free from preservatives, unlike regular tortilla chips. You can control what goes in the chips. If you are making one portion of this recipe, you can use the air fryer or microwave method. In 3 minutes and you will be munching the crunchiest tortilla chips.
These homemade air fryer tortilla chips are a perfect low-carb snack or appetizer for when you are entertaining or satisfying your cravings. What are you waiting for? Make your tortilla chips at home today!
Some serving suggestions for tortilla chips are salsa, pico de Gallo, or salsa. You can serve your crispy chips with your favorite dips.
Tortilla – use a mini low-carb tortilla. You can also use can substitute the large ones. The mini wraps give the size of a perfectly shaped chip.
Oil: olive oil, canola oil, or avocado oil.
Salt – optional
How to Cut Tortillas into Wedges
In a bowl, add salt, olive oil and mix to combine.
Brush both sides of the tortilla with the seasoned oil mixture using a pastry brush. Then stack the oiled side on top of one another.
With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, carefully cut the flour tortilla into 8 equal wedges or triangles.
How to Make Air Fryer Keto Tortilla Chips
Arrange the tortilla pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes at 170C/340F.
Flip the tortillas, and cook for 2 minutes longer, until golden brown.
Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Serve and enjoy with any dip of your choice.
How to Make Oven-Baked Tortilla Chips
This method is good if making for more than 2 people. Adjust the ingredients listed in the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
Place a baking sheet on a baking tray and arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer.
Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes flipping once halfway through.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
How to Make Microwave Tortilla Chips
This method is great for one person. With the same ingredients listed above.
Arrange the tortilla wedges on a microwavable plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
How to Store
Tortilla chips can last longer than 3 days in an airtight container or a Ziplock bag. For best results, consume immediately or within 5 days.
There’s no need to store them in the fridge or freezer as the chips will lose their crunchiness.
Reheating the chips in the microwave will affect the texture.
Tips and Variations
- You can add any seasoning of choice to these homemade chips for extra flavor. Like garlic powder, cinnamon, ginger, smoked paprika, Chili powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
- One (1) tortilla equals 8 chips. Make as much as you want.
- The cooking time depends on the tortilla used and the size of your air fryer. Make sure you check at intervals to avoid burnt chips.
- Use a cooking spray as an alternative option to a pastry brush.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Allow some space between the tortilla wedges.
- Repeat the cooking process for the remaining tortilla.
Air Fryer Keto Tortilla Chips
- Air fryer
- Pizza cutter or knife
- 3 pieces low carb tortilla mini
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ¼ salt
- Arrange the tortilla pieces in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes at 170C/340F.Flip the tortillas, and cook for 2 minutes longer, until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool on a wire rack.Serve and enjoy with any dip of your choice.
More Air Fryer Recipes