How long does it take to cook frozen potato wedges from frozen? These air fryer frozen potato wedges are fluffy and have perfectly crispy edges. You will have these potato wedges from your air fryer in about 20 minutes.
This easy recipe requires no prep time, and you will still get a great side dish.
Learn how to cook these frozen wedges in your air fryer today in simple steps.
Air frying frozen potato wedges save you the time and stress of making them from scratch, and you can serve them with dishes like chicken, steak, and vegetables for a balanced meal or you can also serve this easy snack with your favorite dipping sauce like bbq sauce, sweet chili mayo, or garlic herb sauce.
Crispy Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
This air fryer potato wedges recipe is one of the easiest recipes to make in your air fryer. No preparation is required, such as peeling, or thawing. You only need to put the potatoes in the air fryer and cook them.
Once you make these potato wedges in your air fryer, you would not like to cook them any other way. It is healthier than making it in the traditional oven or deep frying, and you can use this method for frozen roast potatoes, frozen french fries, fat chips, etc. However, the cooking time will vary depending on the size, cut, thickness, and type of air fryer. The bigger the cut the longer it will take longer to cook. I have used my instant vortex air fryer for this recipe, and it comes with pre-heating settings.
Frozen potato wedges - use any brand of choice.
Seasonings - garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper or black pepper, olive oil, or salt (all optional).
How to Cook Frozen Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Set the air fryer at a temperature of 190C/380F for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, pour the potato wedges and mix with the seasoning listed above of skip. Lightly spray some oil if you want, this step is optional.
Transfer the seasoned potato wedges in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
Shake the potatoes halfway through the cooking time and continue to air fry for the remaining time or until cooked through.
Remove from the air fryer, season potatoes if you haven't seasoned them whilst it is still hot, serve and enjoy!!
How to Store Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
We recommend air-frying what you can eat, and if for any reason you have leftover potato wedges, here is how to store them.
Fridge - put air-fried potato wedges in an airtight container and store it for up to 3 days.
Freezer - put in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Potatoes in an Air Fryer
To reheat - arrange the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Air fry at a temperature of 180C for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and crispy again.
Oven: preheat at 190C/375F for 5 minutes. Spread the potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and put them in the oven to get them hot.
- There is no need to thaw; It is best cooked frozen.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket; you can fill it halfway through and give it a shake every 5 minutes for air circulation and even cooking.
- Remove the potatoes with a tong or a fork to avoid kitchen accidents.
- Preheat the air fryer for about 3-5 minutes or according to the settings of your air fryer. It will give the potato wedges a good start.
- You can use your favorite seasonings if making potato wedges from scratch. Most of the store-bought frozen potatoes are pre-seasoned. Remember to check the packaging.
How long to cook frozen potato wedges in an air fryer?
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the potatoes. The air fryer brand and wattage also play a part in the cooking time. Frozen roast potatoes will cook between 15-20 minutes.
Can I put frozen potatoes in the air fryer?
Yes, you can. Adjust cooking time accordingly or shake the air fryer basket at 5 minutes, then check for doneness from 10 minutes.
Do frozen potato wedges need defrosting before cooking?
There is no need to thaw roast potatoes, cook them straight from frozen. Make sure you preheat your air fryer to give it a good head start.
Frozen Potato Wedges in Air Fryer (Easy Recipe)
- Air fryer
- 500 g frozen potato wedges
- Dipping sauce
- Set the air fryer at a temperature of 190C/380F for 15 minutes.In a large bowl, pour the potato wedges and mix with the seasoning listed above of skip. Lightly spray some oil if you want, this step is optional.
- Transfer the seasoned potato wedges in a single layer into the air fryer basket.Shake the potatoes halfway through the cooking time and continue to air fry for the remaining time or until cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer, season potatoes if you haven't seasoned them whilst it is still hot, serve and enjoy!!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More Air Fryer Potato Recipe