Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts! This a delicious and healthy meal option for you. Are you looking for a quick dinner option that tastes good and is ready in under 20 minutes? Look no further, this chicken air fryer recipe is perfect for those who crave a flavorful meal without spending much time in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts Recipe
This honey-glazed chicken recipe is not only delicious, but it is also versatile. You can serve the chicken breasts alone, or pair them with your favorite sides like roasted vegetables or rice. Plus, leftover chicken can be reheated for a quick lunch or dinner. So, why not give this air fryer honey garlic chicken breasts a try, and see how easy and tasty healthy cooking can be?
To make air Fryer honey garlic chicken breasts, you need boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Make sure they are fresh and not frozen.
Air fryer is great for cooking chicken breasts because it ensures that the meat is cooked evenly, and moisture retained. It requires little oil, which makes it a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. You would have a sweet and savory glaze to perfectly complements your chicken with a few ingredients like honey, garlic, and soy sauce.
Preparing air fryer honey garlic chicken breast is a simple and easy process that anyone can follow. I will show you the steps required to prepare this delicious chicken.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Oil - use any oil of choice like olive oil, avocado oil, or vegetable oil.
Garlic mince or powder
How to Make Honey Garlic Glaze on the Stovetop
Mix honey and soy sauce in a bowl.
Add minced garlic in a saucepan, then pour over the honey garlic soy sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens up.
Remove from the heat and use immediately on chicken or fish.
How to Make Honey Garlic Glaze in the Microwave
Mix honey, soy sauce, and garlic mince in a bowl.
Heat up in the microwave for 3 minutes (bring out and stir in between) or until the sauce becomes thick.
Remove from the microwave and serve immediately on chicken or fish.
How to Cook Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.
Prep the chicken by removing any unwanted fat, pat dry with a kitchen paper towel, and butterfly the chicken breast.
Season both sides of the chicken breasts generously with oil, salt, chili powder, onion powder, and thyme.
Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes at 200C/400F, flipping it halfway through or until it is well cooked. The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165F/73C with a meat thermometer.
Remove from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Pour the honey garlic sauce on the chicken, serve, and enjoy your air fryer honey garlic chicken breasts.
- To achieve a succulent honey garlic chicken, use boneless and skinless chicken breasts for the best results. If you want to use thighs or other cuts, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Feel free to customize the ingredients according to your taste preference, adding more honey for sweetness or garlic for flavor.
- Make sure the honey garlic mixture is not added to the chicken whilst in the air fryer. This will prevent the air fryer from smoking or the chicken from sticking to the air fryer basket.
For an extra crispy texture and flavor, lightly coat the chicken in cornstarch before placing it into your air fryer.
How to Store
Honey chicken breast can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days in an airtight container or the freezer for up to 2 months.
To reheat: you can eat it cold or at room temperature if you serve it with salad. Reheat chicken breast in the air fryer at 160C/320F for 5 minutes or until hot.
If reheating from frozen, thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge and then heat it in an air fryer at 180C/360F for 3 minutes. Only use the microwave if time is of the essence.
What to serve with air fryer honey garlic chicken?
You can serve it with rice, carrot fries, salad, or roast potatoes.
Do you add the honey glaze to the chicken in the air fryer before or after cooking it?
The honey glaze should be added after the chicken is cooked. Adding it too early can cause it to burn and taste bitter.
Do You Put Oil On the Chicken in the Air Fryer?
It depends on the recipe and your personal preference. Some recipes require little oil to be used on chicken in the air fryer, others don't require it at all. The oil will help enhance the flavor, and texture and prevent the food from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Can You Put Raw Chicken in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in an air fryer. However, there are some important things to keep in mind to ensure that it's cooked safely and thoroughly. Ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165F. Also, the temperature and cooking time are appropriate for the chicken.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken
- Air fryer
- 500 g skinless chicken breast about 1 lb
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic mince or powder
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 200C/400F.Prep the chicken by removing any unwanted fat, pat dry with a kitchen paper towel, and butterfly the chicken breast.Season both sides of the chicken breasts generously with oil, salt, chili powder, onion powder and thyme. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes, flipping it halfway through or until it is well cooked. The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165F/73C with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.Pour over the honey garlic sauce and serve your air fryer honey garlic chicken breasts. Enjoy!
More Chicken Air Fryer Recipes
Let's hear from you