These air fryer mushrooms look fantastic and smell incredible. A perfect side dish that complements most diets. This is a simple, quick and easy dish to be enjoyed any night of the week and is ready in 20 minutes from start to finish.
The only prep required for this recipe is to clean and slice the mushrooms, and there is no need to preheat the air fryer.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
Mushrooms are naturally gluten-free and can be included in a gluten-free diet. You might want to discard the idea of using stovetop sauteed mushrooms because this air fryer mushrooms recipe is easy and would change your perspective for good. The mushroom is tender and flavourful. Serve it with steak, pizza topping, omelette filling, and many more. Mushrooms also add an umami flavour to your favourite recipes, rich and savoury.
How long to air fry mushrooms depends on the thickness of the mushroom and the type of air fryer. The cooking time varies from 10 – 15 minutes. We recommend 10 minutes, then add more time if you need to.
You will love this air-fried mushroom because it is a quick and easy side dish. Packed full of flavour and requires a few ingredients. The mushrooms are healthy, fibre rich and nutrient-dense.
The Best Way to Clean Mushroom
The best way to clean mushrooms is by wiping them with a damp paper towel or simply brushing the dirt off with a pastry brush. There is no need to wash or rinse mushrooms before cooking.
Alternatively, wash and scrub the mushrooms gently to remove dirt and pour in a colander to drain.
Ingredients and Variations
What will you need to make air fryer mushrooms?
Mushrooms - cremini mushrooms, known as chestnut mushrooms. You can also use closed-cup or portobello mushrooms for this recipe.
Chilli flakes – use black pepper or any favourite seasoning blend.
Oil - substitute with butter if making garlic butter mushroom or vegan butter.
Salt to taste
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Air Fryer Mushrooms
Clean the mushrooms and slice them into half, quarters, or lengthwise into similar sizes.
Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl. Add pepper, garlic granules, and oil to the mushrooms. Mix to combine.
Place the seasoned vegetable in the air fryer basket and spread them out. Air fry at 190C/375F for 10-12 minutes. Check halfway through and turn over the mushrooms with a spatula or tong.
Remove from the air fryer once done. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat
Air-fried mushrooms can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Reheat the mushrooms in the air fryer at 380F for 3 to 5 mins or till heated through.
Reheat in the air fryer or the microwave for 30 seconds or till fully warm.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket with the sliced mushrooms for it to roast properly.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
- For air-fried crispy mushrooms, coat them with breadcrumbs or batter to get a breaded mushroom.
- Cut the mushrooms into similar sizes for them to cook evenly.
- Air fry mushrooms at a higher temperature if you want more of a char. Keep an eye on them so that it doesn't get burnt.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air fryer
- 750 g mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them into half, quarters, or lengthwise into similar sizes.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl. Add pepper, garlic granules, and oil to the mushrooms. Mix to combine.
- Place the seasoned vegetable in the air fryer basket and spread them out. Air fry at 190C/375F for 10-12 minutes. Check halfway through and turn over the mushrooms with a spatula or tong.
- Remove from the air fryer once done. Serve and enjoy!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe 5 star and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Sliced potatoes in an air fryer
Let's hear from you