Are you looking for that super quick air-fried potatoes? This is a crowd-pleasing side dish you can make in 30 minutes. Not only does it taste delicious, but it also looks great and perfectly crispy. Learn how to make this crispy air fryer breakfast potatoes with peppers.
These homemade crispy breakfast potatoes are so easy to make, and they make a perfect side to many dishes. When it comes to cooking potatoes, there are many different ways to season and make them. You can add your twist to it, play with different seasonings, and you will get the best results every time.
This is the best air fryer breakfast potatoes to try, and I am sure you will love this great side dish.
Serve this perfect side dish on its own or with some fried eggs for a full meal!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers
Bell peppers - I used red bell pepper and jalapeno for this recipe.
Salt to taste
Oil - use vegetable oil or olive oil, or avocado oil.
Air fryer temperature varies depending on size, make, and model. My delicious cravings recipe time is subject to a preheated air fryer. If you are trying this recipe for the first time, deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time and increase it if needed to allow the food to cook evenly.
How to Make Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers in the Air Fryer
Prepare the potatoes - wash the potatoes and peppers, pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into small cubes.
In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes and the ingredients. Toss to combine.
Transfer the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 15-20 minutes at 190C/380F. Shake the potatoes halfway through.
Add the peppers, and continue to air fry for the remaining cooking time, or add extra time until the potatoes are golden brown.
Remove the potatoes from the air fryer, garnish with fresh herbs if you desire while it is still hot, serve and enjoy!!
How to Store Leftover Potatoes
Fridge - store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Freezer - up to 3 months in a freezer bag or an airtight container.
How to Reheat Breakfast Potatoes
You can reheat leftover breakfast potatoes in the air fryer or oven.
Air fry for 3-5 minutes at 170C/340F or until heated through and crispy again.
Tips and Variations
- You can use any pepper you want or add some red or yellow onion.
- Customize with simple ingredients like black pepper, chili powder, or Italian seasoning.
- You can cook it with the skin on or peeled; the choice is yours. If you decide to leave the skin on, ensure it is scrubbed and cleaned before cooking.
What are the best potatoes to use?
The best potatoes for roasting are the floury type, like King Edward, Desiree, Maris Piper, Yukon gold potatoes, russet potatoes, or red potatoes can be used for all kinds of cooking.
Do you parboil potatoes before air frying?
There is no need to parboil diced or cubed potatoes as they cook faster, and you would still get a great result.
Can you cook breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers?
Yes, you can! To prevent the pepper and onions from burning quickly, add them towards the end of the cooking time, say about 8-10 minutes before the end.
Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes With Peppers
- Air fryer
- 4 potatoes small size
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- Prepare the potatoes - wash the potatoes and peppers, pat dry with a paper towel, and cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes and the ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 15-20 minutes at 190C/380F. Shake the potatoes halfway through.
- Add the peppers, and continue to air fry for the remaining cooking time, or add extra time until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer, garnish with fresh herbs if you desire while it is still hot, serve and enjoy!!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe for new recipes straight to your inbox.