Can you reheat roast potatoes in an air fryer? The simple answer is yes. Reheating potatoes in an air fryer is the best way to enjoy your leftover roast potatoes. You are guaranteed to get crispy potatoes every time. Learn how to reheat roasted potatoes in the air fryer in simple steps.
Roast potato with crispy skin is a perfect side dish to cook in your air fryer. You will not like the potatoes any other way.
Reheat Roast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
There are different methods to reheat my leftover potatoes. You can reheat in the regular oven, stovetop, or microwave but I prefer using my air fryer simply because it is quicker, and I find it convenient to use, that's the best part of it. This works well for me because I am reheating for 2 people. If you are cooking for more people, make sure you have a big air fryer as you do not want to overcrowd the air fryer basket. This will defeat the purpose of getting the potatoes crispy like it was just cooked. In other words, the size of the air fryer determines the quantity of food you put in it.
Feel free to use this method for oven-roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes to get the best results, No more soggy potatoes.
Bear in mind that the reheating process may not get you the same texture as freshly roasted potatoes, but using an air fryer can help restore some of the crispiness and reduce sogginess.
Cooking roast potatoes in the air fryer is the best option for achieving crispy potato skin. You do not have to peel the potato skin for it and you only need simple ingredients. A little olive oil, salt, and pepper will go a long way. However, you can customize the seasonings to your taste by playing with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, or paprika.
Why you should reheat roast potatoes in your air fryer
Roasted potato is great as a snack, or appetizer when served with dips such as chili mayo sauce.
It is an easy way to reheat without spending much time in the kitchen.
There is no need to wait around for the potatoes to thaw. They can be reheated directly from frozen.
They are great for meal prep.
Reheating time and temperature for different types of potatoes
Frozen roast potatoes - 170C/360F for 5 minutes
Baby potatoes - 180C/360F for 2-5 minutes
Smashed potatoes - 160C/320F for 2 minutes
Scalloped potatoes - 160C/320F for 3-5 minutes
Sliced potatoes - 160C/320F for 5 minutes
air fryer potato wedges - 165/360F for 3 minutes
How to Reheat Roasted Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Remove from the fridge and place the leftover potatoes in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. Allow some space for hot air to circulate as we don't want soggy skin potatoes.
Air fryer for 3 minutes at 170C/340F for 3-5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.
Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy this classic side dish!
How to Reheat Roast Potatoes in the Oven
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F or 180C/365F for a fan oven.
Grease a baking tray lightly with oil or line it with a baking sheet. Arrange the potatoes on the tray.
Bake for 5–10 minutes (depending on the quantity) or until golden and crispy again.
Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with these perfect roast potatoes
How to Store Air Fryer Roast Potatoes
Fridge - put the potatoes in an airtight container and store them for up to 3 days.
Freezer - put in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
To reheat - pour the potatoes into the air fryer basket. Air fry at a temperature of 170C/340F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and crispy again.
Oven: spread the potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and put them in the oven at 190C/375F for 5 minutes.
Tips on Reheat Roasted Potatoes in an Air Fryer
- If reheating frozen potatoes, ensure you preheat the air fryer to give it a good head start.
- Lightly spray the potatoes with oil if the potatoes are dry before reheating. Only do this, if the potatoes are extremely dry.
- Always reheat at a lower temperature. Set the air fryer to a lower temperature than what you originally used to cook the potatoes. This will prevent the potatoes from getting burned.
- it is best to reheat in batches to avoid overcrowding. This way, each potato will have enough space to crisp up nicely. If not, reheat the potatoes in the oven.
- since the roast potatoes are already cooked, they don't need as much time as raw potatoes. Start with reheating for about 3 minutes. Then add extra time if needed.
- There is no need to season your roast potatoes further if they are already seasoned. If they are plain, though, you can season them with a little salt or pepper.
- You can line the air fryer basket with a baking sheet or aluminum foil before pouring the leftover potatoes into it. This is optional.
How to Reheat Roasted Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- Roast potatoes
- Remove from the fridge and place the leftover potatoes in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. Allow some space for hot air to circulate as we don't want soggy skin potatoes.Air fryer for 3 minutes at 170C/340F for 3-5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.Remove from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy this classic side dish!
I am glad you made it here and hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you! Kindly rate the recipe and leave me feedback in the comment section below. Tag me @mydeliciouscravings on Instagram and join our Facebook page for new recipes. Please subscribe if you haven’t for new recipes straight to your inbox.